Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Jersey, Firemen and VIN; oh my!

Just a quick update from here in Saddle River, NJ. 

Had a wonderful day meeting up with my mother's side of the family and an interesting dinner.  While attempting to sleep (ahem, perusing VIN), I noticed flashing lights outside our hotel window.  I took a quick look outside and noticed three firetrucks outside the door.  I opened the door and several (cute) firemen walked in and started looking around the hallway.  They told me the fire alarm had gone off most likely due to a power surge but were going to check the building anyway.

Anywho, for those of you wondering about VIN, it is an amazing veterinary internet resource that has journal articles, rounds, message boards, case and diagnosis challenges, etc.  Pretty much a nerd's paradise.  I have found that I LOVE the case challenges and can keep up and even most of my hunches are pretty spot on.  Cue the insomnia now.

Last but not least, a fun fact about NJ: You are not allowed to pump your own gas here; an attendent must do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment